1/15/2011

Saturday Rambles

Waking up this morning I realized that today is the last Saturday that I will have to work until I am released after my surgery.  I am off on Monday for my birthday.  My birthday is Thursday but my place of employment gives you a personal day during your birthday month to take off.  I chose Monday because of MLK day.  Larry and my son will both be home.  It will be nice getting to enjoy their company.  After today, I will only have to work Tuesday and Wednesday and then I'm off.  I have so many things I WANT to get done before the big day.

Here are some thoughts of what my last few days will be like:

Hair Cut (I have dry shampoo so that if I don't feel up to it, Mom will be able to help me easily.)
Laundry (Every last bit will be washed, dried and put away)
Bedding (This is a given)
Passwords for work (Don't want to forget them and have to wait to be reset on first day back!)
House Work (Clean, Clean, Clean)
Books (Download some books to my iphone)
JP Drain (Will I need anything at home for this, sterile pads, cleaner...need to find out specifically what)
Bowls (Already have bowls that are specifically a cup)
Measuring Cup (I have one that I found that measures oz)
Baby Spoon (Others have purchased this, but I honestly don't think I'll need them)
Check supplies (Toothpaste, toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner)
Clothes for Son (I was thinking of us putting together outfits for 3-5 days)

More thoughts...  I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am the morning of my surgery. This means, Mom will be taking me.  Larry will have to stay behind to take our son to school.  After this, he can drive to the hospital.  I don't know where I'll be at in the course of Surgery/Recovery/Waiting.  We've already paid my part of the surgery, so that Larry won't have to worry about any of that.  All the paperwork will be done during my pre-admissions too.

I wish it would get warmer!  I want to go walking outside but it's just been tooo cold.  The snow hasn't even melted from last Sunday-Monday.  It is supposed to snow again on Sunday.

Thanks for reading!
Jana

No comments: