1/22/2011

A Saturday At Home

Well, I have felt quite the energy.  Yesterday I went for my pre-admission screening.  They took 4 tubes of blood and made me sign a statement so that I would wear a bracelet all weekend.  At first, I thought it was a joke, until they gave me the piece of paper to sign that said if I took it off I'd have to have more blood drawn the day of my surgery. 


Pretty Wristband

All the laundry is pretty much done...except the stuff that people took off last night and bath towels. 
I got my son's clothes gone through.  Now his clothes drawers are in order and he has no excuse to let it get out of hand again.  I got money for my birthday so I went to Trees and Trends in Jonesboro.  I was going to get a metal music wall art that I've had my eye on since before Christmas, BUT they were out of them.  I'm not going to pout because I also found the same thing online.  I did purchase a very pretty canvas painting for 10.00!  I was very excited about that.  I also went to Dollar General and bought two lamps for the bedroom.  SCORE! 

Wow...I got off track.  Back to Friday.

So I had to have my blood drawn.  Then, I talked to the dietician and got my diet for the rest of my life...
She's supposed to come and see me at the hospital also, but so far I don't have any questions.  I also talked to a Physical Therapist.  He was a really nice guy and basically told me that I needed to make sure I was mobile after my surgery...duh!  I know, same drill when I had my c-section.  Fluff (aka Fart), wallk, burp and poop.  :)  Yeah, pleasant thought I'm bringing to you, eh?!? 
I also talked to a Respiratory Therapist.  She gave me a little plastic thing that I can do breathing exercises with.  Then I also spoke with the Surgery RN.  She gave me 2 things of Hibiclens soap.  I will have to wash before I go to bed and when I wake up on Monday for surgery.  I have to change my bed sheets and sleep on clean sheets Sunday night.  I can't put any lotions or perfume or even deodorant on.  Good thing it's cold outside.  I can't shave either.  I think back to Glen having heart surgery and they told the same thing to him.  They didn't want any little hair follicles to accidentally make it into the surgical opening.  Makes sense.  Maybe the hair on my legs will make me warmer...I mean there is snow on the ground.  :)  LOL! 

So all the bedrooms and kitchen are orderly.  Gotta scrub the bathrooms today.  Pick up and sweep the living room.  I still need to clean out the Escape.  Mom will be driving it since she is coming via train.  We get to go and pick her up after midnight tonight.  We are all excited!

I can't wait!  I'm so anxious!

1 comment:

The Bat Cave said...

the fluffing part has been VERY important! They filled my tummy full of air and it's the only way for me to get it out!